Transformation of out of school children with an aim of getting them back into the mainstream education.
Project target group
Children from the peri urban areas and are out of school, and children under temporary shelter.
This activity is aimed at maintaining the child's standard of education which involves an orientation and thereafter to uplift and help the child to learn how to read and write, and strengthen and develop the child's spirit towards learning,and recreation. Outreach is part of the project and
Provides the children with an opportunity to develop their respective talents within a youth development curriculum, as stipulated in the UN Convention on Rights of the Child.
It is a core area of positive child development as well as managing healthy physical development of the child through numerous activities. It involves eight curriculum areas of activities such as Educational, Health,
Participation, Creative, and Social, Physical, and Spiritual experience. These are undertaken to build and improve youth talents, teamwork and teambuilding, leadership, socialization, physical fitness and also to enhance their skills in income generating activities.
- Community children selected each year children under temporary shelter to join Non Formal Education
(Selection done by community committee of 27) selected, are children who are out of school, and in difficult circumstances.
- Interview + home visit leading admission to N.F.E.
- A Prepare children for mainstreaming to formal education.
- Teach literacy with an aim of lifting the childa cademic profile.
- Care and case management plan developed for each learner.
- Identify learning difficulties, nature children social activities and talents.
- Linking with schools for mainstreaming to support children academically, socially and emotionally, N.F.E provides admission fee, school uniforms, school bag and school shoes, children who are mainstreamed into mainstream education, vocational training in masonry, carpentry, tailoring and dress making offered in KUAP by the Education Programme some also opt for mechanics and this is organized outside KUAP.