Transforming most vulnerable children into leading dignified and responsible life in the community.
Project target group
Children and youth living in and on the street of Kisumu city.
While living outside the framework of family life, the children normally adopt some behaviours, which go against the Social norms and practices in a society.
Rehabilitation Project is the flagship of the Children Services Program and is an integral to all other programs at Pandipieri. It involves processes such as counselling and guidance; temporary shelter; pre-home visits; home visits; school placements; family support; community education; life skills training; networking and collaboration. In essence capacity building for the youth and guardians.
This project therefore prepares children to become responsible and to take care of one another. We discuss
Challenges, joys and frustrations then hold discussions that guide them to make positive choices. After this process, they are capable of making informed decisions.
- Day street work: to make contact with children, develop rapport and trust leading to an invitation to the centre.
- Night street work: to meet children who sleep in the street, maintain records of street children
- Out-reach: to give education talk, medical needs, mobilization done through games, this is for them to behave reasonably.
- Over 16 years street youths: target them with education, medical and funeral arrangements and linking with other lice minded organizations.
- Temporary shelter:, once children are invited, to the centre, provision of basic needs, education and recreation, children is here for a maximum of 3 months.
- Developing care and case management a plan for each child and case load assigned to staff.
- Pre -home visits conducted for each child, actual placement at home and follow up of children taken back home. During this time we work closely with relevant agencies or government department for child stability.